lightbulb Triton 2+ or 3+ Need your advices

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
lmclacr Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Need you help and expertise.

I am looking to replace my current 5.2.4 home theater system (Monitor Audio RX8 Silver series) with Goldenear.
I was able to listen to the Trition 2+ and I love it.

My room is an irregular rectangular but overall will be around 15' X 15" with a 11' Ceiling.

Here are my questions;
- I understood (by reading reviews) that the triton 3+ would be good for my room. That Triton 2+ be better for a larger room; What is your take?
- Is adding a supersub XXL overkill? Movie/music ratio is probably about 60/40 I like the punch.
- Which center would you recommend? XXL or the Reference?
- What about surround? Supersat 50 or Aaron?

An AVR Marantz will be used to drive the speaker. Eventually looking to add an Emotiva DR2 to the mix.

Thanks for sharing...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi lmclacr. Welcome to the GE forum.

Given the list of choices you've indicated, you'll likely be best off obtaining the Triton 2+. You may find (and probably will find) you don't need an external sub at all. The Triton sub-woofers are rather powerful. If you do find you need a sub, or merely want it because of preference, you could always add that later on. Thing about stand-alone subs though is that, while I have no personal experience with them, from what I read/understand you need them in multiples of two for optimal performance.

Yet another option with using Triton 2+ and not using additional external subs is that you could use the money you would have spent on external subs towards room treatments (acoustic absorption/diffusion panels). More than likely that would produce an overall sonic benefit.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
lmclacr Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Thanks GDHAL for taking the time to answer and share your thoughts on the topic.

You definetly gave me some food for thought. Keeping the purchase of the supersub as a phase 2 can be a great idea.

BTW my room is already treated. Took care of installing panels earlier this year.

Again thank you and take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDHAL

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Triton 2+ or 3+ Need your advices