file Help finishing out surround

• doublej9886's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
doublej9886 Posted 1 year 9 months ago
I just moved into a house that has a great space in the basement for a home theater. It is 12.5' wide, 29.5' deep and ceilings are 8 feet. I currently have two Triton 2s, a Super center XXL and two supersat 3's as surrounds. I want to expand to a 7.2.4 system eventually. I'm thinking my next step will be to put in the atmos speakers, probably Invisa 650.

I'm really stuck with what to do for surrounds and rear surrounds. I already have two super sat 3's. Unfortunately it looks like I am limited to on wall speakers for surrounds due to an I-beam post but could do in-wall or floor speakers for the rear surrounds.

Should I go with another pair of supersat 3's (most economical), Invisa MPX or Invisa 525/650/600? Would I really be able to tell a difference between any of them in that speaker position?

Thanks for your help!

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
Hi Jon. Welcome to the GE forum!

There are some folks on this site WAY more knowledgeable about surround sound systems than I, and I'm reasonably sure you'll get a response from one or more of them.

I'm a two channel stereo audio video guy only. That stated I can offer some advice.

From what I've read, I take it you already have a surround system, albeit 5 channel and not 7. Have you considered upgrading the room (acoustically speaking)?

If not I can tell you'll probably GET (pun intended) better results going that route as opposed to simply adding more speakers.

Best of luck, whichever way you go. :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Help finishing out surround