file Optimal settings for my triton cinema set up

• sruth27's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
sruth27 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Hi All,

I’m just getting started with this stuff and I have a few questions as far as the optimal settings go for my system.

I have Triton 3+ as my front left and front right and a Supersat 50c for the center and using 2 LFE cables for the subs all hooked into a Marantz SR-6013

1) Right now I manually set my distances for the front left, front right, and subwoofer 1 and 2 to all be the same.

2) I set front left and front right to “Large” , center to small, and subs set to on

3) I set it to LFE+Main

4) Subwoofer crossover to 120hz

5) Front and center speakers also to 120hz

6) Turned all audyssey settings to off

Have seen a couple of Sandys tips saying he prefers subs turned to “off” and I’ve read plenty of contradicting posts on other forums regarding all this stuff, so would be helpful to hear what you think the optimal settings are for my set up! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, sruth27

Congratulations on getting great Goldenear speakers!

I'm assuming when you mention subs, you are referring to the LFE connections to the T3+'s as the sub connections, and not separate free standing subs?

If that is the case, a good start point is T3+'s set as large (therefore NO crossover), sub on, 50C as small, just as you said in question #2.

Re crossovers, NO crossover setting for T3+'s, leave as large, 100-120 HZ works fine for the 50C. And yes 120 HZ for the subs.

I would not recommend LFE + Mains as a setting, just fronts large, sub on. LFE + Mains is called double bass, sending the LFE to the fronts via the LFE connection, PLUS the large setting. More bass yes, but can be muddy.

Re distance settings, manual settings work fine, just use the actual distance you measure from the speakers to the listening position.

Starting without Audyssey works. Let the system break in and see how you like the sound. You can try Audyssey later if there's something re the sound that you want to fine tune.

Hope this helps. Have fun and happy listening!

(IF you have free standing subs and want to give the T3+'s a little bass help, then you could set them as small, sub on, and cross them at lower HZ settings to the free standing subs.)

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• sruth27's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
sruth27 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Great thank you! Yes, I don’t have extra subs, just the triton 3+ built-in subs. Just a couple questions

1) if I don’t select LFE + Main, it seems that I can’t manually control the sub woofer volumes. That option just goes away. Is there a work around?

2) Even with the mains set to large, it still gives me the option to select a crossover. Should I look for a menu item that just says “none” or “off”?

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

sruth27 wrote: Great thank you! Yes, I don’t have extra subs, just the triton 3+ built-in subs. Just a couple questions

1) if I don’t select LFE + Main, it seems that I can’t manually control the sub woofer volumes. That option just goes away. Is there a work around?

2) Even with the mains set to large, it still gives me the option to select a crossover. Should I look for a menu item that just says “none” or “off”?

Re #1, yes you can still control sub volumes without using LFE + MAINS setting. Adjust the sound level via the gain settings for sub in the receiver.

Re #2, I think maybe you are using the ALL option in the Speakers/Crossovers in the manual speaker set up. At speaker selection, click on it to highlight, and change to Individual, and then the crossover option for the front large speakers no longer applies.

P.S. You can use the gain settings to adjust any channel including subs. If you have a dB meter, a good way to start is adjust all channels to same level via the meter.
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Optimal settings for my triton cinema set up