file Amplifiers Pre OUT to Tritons LFE directly.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 8 years 1 month ago
I think the key here for Umer is that the Yamaha was re-routing bass due to the fact that he had the subwoofer set to yes. My guess is that whatever the cutoff frequency he had set was the floor for his bass since he was only using speaker level inputs when he was having bass issues.

My personal preference is to use the speaker level inputs exclusively for stereo music. I find the bass to be more rich and tonally accurate this way. I still use the LFE for surround sound so that I get multiple subs reproducing the .1 portion of the soundtrack. It's the best of both worlds to me.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Melvin Boule

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

T Cobe wrote: I think the key here for Umer is that the Yamaha was re-routing bass due to the fact that he had the subwoofer set to yes. My guess is that whatever the cutoff frequency he had set was the floor for his bass since he was only using speaker level inputs when he was having bass issues.

My personal preference is to use the speaker level inputs exclusively for stereo music. I find the bass to be more rich and tonally accurate this way. I still use the LFE for surround sound so that I get multiple subs reproducing the .1 portion of the soundtrack. It's the best of both worlds to me.

Cheers,

T Cobe

I agree, T Cobe. The EASIEST way to start is to set fronts as large, then set bass on the Triton towers to preference for 2 channel music, and that then becomes the setting for all 2.0 channel music and the best place to leave Triton tower settings as long as they're set as large. Then, set .1 LFE, IF CONNECTED, in the sub gain settings in the receiver/pre-pro for whatever LFE bass levels wanted for movies/music in 5.1 or 7.1 surround. IF using speaker cable connects only (no LFE), some receivers "roll off" LFE bass sent only to front large speakers. In those cases, the LFE connection is needed to restore/direct the otherwise rolled off .1 channel bass through the sub/LFE channel. That is exactly what happened in my original set-up (covered in my "NAD T 757 driving Triton 2 Cinema system" thread). I.E. adding LFE connections restored lost/rolled off bass. I do feel my current AVR set-up does not roll off bass, and the LFE connections are "in case".

Ant then, if more bass fine tuning is wanted, as Art has pointed out, there are many options to play with other bass levels/balancing options, like playing with analog feeds, setting fronts to small, directing crossover bass to the LFE channel, etc.

Maybe I'm lucky. Like T Cobe, my current set-up seems to just blend in gobs of gorgeous, evenly distributed bass in both 2.0/no LFE channel and .1/LFE 5.1/7/1 mode (all Triton powered towers set as large, with LFE connections, subs on). I'm a happy camper. So many options with GEt speakers...

Happy listening, all.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Amplifiers Pre OUT to Tritons LFE directly.