file Amplifiers Pre OUT to Tritons LFE directly.

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Umer Hameed. info_outline
Hello every one. Just a quick thought. I am using the yamaha amplifier with pre out. i have been using speakers cables during stereo listening with no outboard sub. Bass is very low may be my yamaha amplifier is not sending as much information through speaker cables. Then i setup like this, speaker cables from my amplifier to both triton 2 and the pre out of respective front channels through RCA cable to the LFE input of the speakers at the back. Wow.. Bass is there . All of those information i was missing is there now. My only concern is that is this the safe connection? I am gettin the hiss on one of the speaker but i think that is due to the wire is used. Overall i need ur suggestions on this. Please guide. Thanks
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 8 years 1 month ago
No, not correct connection. Something is incorrect in your bass management or other settings. Seek support from Yamaha. If you want help here, provide a full listing of the bass management and speaker settings you are using. Otherwise there's nothing we can tell you other than you've done something wrong.

• Umer Hameed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 52
Umer Hameed Posted 8 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Umer Hameed. info_outline
I am using very simple setting for stereo. Just speaker wires from yamaha to tritons. Speakers set to LARGE. And sub to yes. Even in pure direct mode of yamaha i am not getting the enrich bass.. Pure direct bypasses all of the settings of yamaha and feed the signals direct to speakers which are set to large and should handle all of the frequencies. Inspite of all of these settings i tried pre out and i 've shared the results with u. My concern is the speakers safety and technically know how of the triton build which u the manufacturer only have. By the way what is wrong witn pre out to tritons technicaly? For the time being i am not using pre out till u give me green signal. :)
Triton Two
Super Centre XL
Super Centre 3
Yamaha Rx V1900
Kimber 8 TC Speaker Cable
Oelbach Subwoofer Cable
Popcorn Hour V-ten
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch

No, no, that won't hurt anything, its just not right.

There is nothing "very simple settings for stereo" when it comes to a modern home theater receiver, I suggest you have missed something(s) in one or more of the many setup menus.

• Melvin Boule's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 20
Melvin Boule Posted 8 years 1 month ago
When the connection is just speaker wire shouldn't the settings be large and sub=no? I was doing something similar with my old Marantz and once I did that, bass was great with just speaker cable.
Basement:
-Anthem AVM 60, Anthem P2 and Emotiva MPS-1
-5.1.4 GE Triton 1's, SuperCenter XXL, Invisia MPX, Polk LSi In-ceiling for Atmos/DTS-X, JTR Captivator S1
-Oppo UDP-203, Xbox One, PS4 and PC, -Sony VWVPL600ES, Vizio M65

Melvin Boule wrote: When the connection is just speaker wire shouldn't the settings be large and sub=no? I was doing something similar with my old Marantz and once I did that, bass was great with just speaker cable.

Yes. There's is a "but" though, take a read through Sandy's Setup Tips for more on this issue.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Amplifiers Pre OUT to Tritons LFE directly.