file Electronic for Triton FIVE!?

• tigrenrike's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
tigrenrike Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by tigrenrike. info_outline
Hello GoldenEar, I have a Triton 7 System, and I'm thinking "move up" to the T-5 once they arrive. But, I want to know what kind of electronic (AV Receiver) do you recommend to move the Triton Five as part of a 5.2 HT System? Right now I have a Denon X-3100 (105w RMS). Should I keep it? Or you think I must change it for something better? Which one do you recommend?

BTW, my room is 12'w x 15' x 9'h. Do you think I'm gone listen a huge difference in sound quality (imaging, details, mid-range, and sound-staging) moving up to the T-5?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 month ago
tigrenrike,

How is the volume with your Triton Sevens? Since the Fives are supposed to be more efficient and dynamic than the Sevens, if you're currently satisfied with what you have, more amplification should not be an issue. I have owned Denon receivers in the past and found them a little lifeless but that is just my opinion. I would recommend jumping up a tier in terms of quality of sound versus the raw power. Jumping up to a NAD, Anthem, Arcam, or Cambridge receiver would probably give you noticeable gains immediately.

In terms of a 5.2 set up, I'd consider moving your Sevens to surround duty and going with the Fives up front. This should give you a pretty amazing surround experience. What are you using for a center channel and sub-woofer?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by tigrenrike. info_outline
Thanks for your response!! My Center is the SuperCenter X, and I have two SVS SB-2000 (ups! sorry about that, jajaja) flanking the media unit. I don't have any issue about the volume, in fact my room is completely closed space. May be I just want to improve just a little bit the mid range quality, though is not bad at all... Here in Puerto Rico, I have an Anthem and Cambridge dealers...!! The Anthem 710 ($1,800) have better price than the Cambridge 751r ($2,700). In terms of configuration, I was not think in change my Aons 2 (rear). I was thinking in sell my T-7 along with a pair of SuperSat 3 that I have in box (almost new). And keep the Aons 2 (for the rear).

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Hi Tigrenrike,
You are certainly on the right track and building a great system!!!!
Just a suggestion, I have the Triton 7s and I think a great upgrade would be the Triton 2s or Triton Ones. I have the 2s and have not gotten to hear the Ones, the 2s are awesome and I hear the Ones are even better!!!!
I believe in good amps, they are important. BUT I think the most bang for your money is in a great speaker.
And as good as the T7s are, I believe the powered towers are that much better!
I like your idea of keeping the Aons in the rear.
But the Triton 7s in the rear, with the Triton 2s in the front is REALLY great!!!!!
Just a thought,
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Hum!!?? May be you'r right... But power towers is not my philosophy right now... and they're out of my $$ range... and my room size 12 x 15 x 9h is too small for a "mammoth" like Triton One!! My really quest is between keeping the T-7 and just upgrade the AV Receiver, or move up to the T-5...!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Due to the nearly identical tweeters and mid-range drivers in the Aon 2s and the upcoming Triton Fives, I expect that setup would sound amazing! Two SB2000s will no doubt provide solid and musical low end punch. I'd consider the Anthem MRX-310 if you plan to stay with 5.1. The power is rated lower than your current Denon but I believe it will play louder and clearer. A quick audition at your local dealer should tell you what you need to know. You can always take your Aon 2s in with you to try it out if the same dealer that carries Anthem does not carry GET. Please keep us posted.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Electronic for Triton FIVE!?