question-circle Triton II Subwoofers bass is suddenly very faint ?!?

• neokeelo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
neokeelo Posted 4 months 1 week ago
Hi.

I have an original pair of the Triton IIs that I have enjoyed throughout the years. Goldenear has always provided great support a few times we have had issues such as a sub amp and driver replacement but this most recent issue has me very confused!

We recently mounted our TV upstairs so I moved both towers back up to the living room and hooked them up to our older Onkyo receiver unit. I made sure to disable subwoofer and set fronts to LARGE in the receiver. When I turned them on both green LEDs would flash about 12 times then go solid GREEN. This from my understanding means the internal sub amp is on and working correctly?

However once the power on sequence finished I could barely hear any bass coming from the towers. I had to turn both sub amp levels all the way to 12 to hear any bass at all.

What could be causing this? Any ideas?

Do I need to open a ticket and take the towers into my local ( 2 hours away) dealer?

*I am going to try one more step tonight by moving one of the towers back downstairs and hooking it up to the other system and see if I get the same results, just to rule out the Onkyo upstairs is working correctly and sending the full bass signal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 months 4 days ago
Hi neokeelo, It would appear the amplifiers built-into these towers are defective - and need to be serviced/replaced. I would recommend contacting GoldenEar's customer service department. I'm sure they will be able to help you. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton II Subwoofers bass is suddenly very faint ?!?