file Perfecting the soundstage with Triton Towers

• Dazza's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Dazza Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
Hi fellow Golden Ear enthusiasts.
I have recently purchased a set of Triton One R towers and I am having ongoing issues with trying to get an accurate soundstage. The speakers are positioned 600mm (2 feet) from the front wall. I am using the equilateral triangle method with speakers to the listening area at approximately 2600mm or 8.5 feet. This seems close to me and they are quite priminant in the room, but unfortunately that is the room I have. The tweeters are pointed directly at the prime listening position. Regardless of the recording, the left speaker always seems more dominant, and I can never seem to get central sound staging. I am hoping someone who has experience with their towers may be able to provide some advice re toe-in or distance etc.
Thanks heaps
Darryl

Hegal H390
Auralic Altair G 2.1
Golden Ear Triton One R
Golden Ear BRX Surround
Golden Ear Super Centre and Force Field 4
Denon AVR X3700H
(as well as BRX home theatre surround)
Isotek V5 Electra6
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
Hi Dazza, In terms of troubleshooting, I would suggest disconnecting both towers, physically swapping them, then reconnecting them and playing your system. (I know the towers are large and heavy, but this will tell us if there's a problem with the right speaker - not playing as loud as the left speaker.)

If you swap the towers - and you find the left side of your system is still louder or dominate over the right side of your system, you might try (temporarily) disconnecting the ForceField 4 subwoofer and see if the imaging moves toward the center of your system.

In terms of speaker placement, you might try moving both towers "outward" about 6-8 inches. This would place the speakers a bit further apart (than an equilateral triangle). You could also try angling the left speaker so it's facing your left shoulder, and the right speaker so it's facing your right shoulder. This would angle them a bit less than what you're currently doing. Feel free to contact GoldenEar's customer service group at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for any service/troubleshooting concerns.

• FMaximus68's Avatar Offline
FMaximus68 Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I found furniture sliders were quite handy when moving mine around. Also had them a bit wider apart with them aimed slightly outside my ears if that makes sense. I also had one side that seemed louder but it was quite close to a desk whereas the other speaker had 2 metres extra free space beside it. In either case i could tweak the balance in either roon or my dac/pre. Good luck

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
Spread the towers out more. You’ve got what looks to be 1-2 ft on each side.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

• Dazza's Avatar Offline school
Dazza Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
Thanks all for taking the time to reply.
Darryl

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Perfecting the soundstage with Triton Towers