file T1 with Anthem ARC?

• secretguy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
secretguy Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Hi all...I just moved my Tritons from HT duty to the 2 channel system. I use the Anthem STR integrated, which had their Room Correction. Wondering if anyone has used this combination. Not sure how to go about dealing with the subs as far as how to set them volume wise. And also wondering about if there will be issues with the Anthem trying to change the T1 crossover point.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 2 months ago
Hi secretguy, First, the subwoofer portion of the Triton Ones will work properly when the towers are connected with speaker wires (only). In a 2-channel stereo system, connecting the subwoofer output on your integrated amplifier to the LFE inputs on the towers would be considered an optional hook-up method. When connecting an LFE cable to the towers, the subwoofers will play a bit louder (for any given volume setting).

With this in mind, I would recommend setting the volume control on the back of the towers to the 11- 12 o'clock position - then running the ARC system on your integrated amplifier. (This would be my recommendation when connecting the towers with speaker wires (only) or when connecting an LFE cable to them as well.)

If the ARC system in your amplifier chooses a different crossover frequency (than the 120hz - 150hz crossover built-into the towers), that's okay. The towers will combine or sum together any bass they receive from the speaker wire connections with any bass they receive from the LFE connections...Basically, the towers will play any (and all bass) they receive from your integrated amplifier. Happy Listening!

• secretguy's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
secretguy Posted 1 year 2 months ago
That's exactly the info i was looking for! And I do only use the speaker cable hookup with the 2 channel system.
Thanks so much!

PS...I've mostly been a Magnepan guy...but we changed the room around and the Maggies didn't work well. I tried a P{air of Monitor Audios from another system that were ok, but just. The Tritons have done HT duty...and very well, thanks to the subs....so I tried them in the stereo system and they are magnificent! Such a great soundstage...with great depth and air around the instruments! Coming from Maggies, that's a great compliment!

Thanks again!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers T1 with Anthem ARC?