file Lyngdorf RoomPerfect with Triton R/1/2/3 (2 channel only)

• RBeddow's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
RBeddow Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Hi All,
I have a Lyngdorf 1120 amp with RoomPefect software. Within the DSP there is a high pass and low pass filter, high pass feeding high level speaker outs, and low pass feeding sub out RCA. I'm wondering if there is a way to connect Triton R/1/2/3 speakers? The Triton manual says the LFE connection should not be used to feed bass as this will result in a bloated low end. However, if the high-level speaker outputs are fed via a high pass filter (nothing below 60hz), is connecting the amp sub-out to the LFE on the Triton a viable configuration? Has anyone integrated Triton speakers with Lyngdorf amps running RoomPerfect?

Thanks in advance,

R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Hi RBeddow, I haven't personally used the Triton Towers with a Lyngdorf 1120 amplifier (with the RoomPerfect software), however, I believe you're asking if you should engage the amplifier's high pass filter with the regular speaker wire outputs on your amplifier. If we engage this high pass filter, we're really setting the speakers to "small".

When connecting the "sub out connection" on your amplifier to the LFE inputs on the towers, I would recommend setting the towers to large or full band - not engaging the amplifier's high pass filter....I would then set the Low Pass crossover (on the amplifier's subwoofer output) to 60hz or 80hz. This way, the towers will receive a full range signal through the speaker wire connections and an LFE signal below 60hz or 80hz through the LFE cable. The towers are designed to combine or sum together the bass signals they receive from the speaker wire connections with the bass they receive from the LFE connections. Basically, the towers will play any (and all) bass signals they receive. This way, when there is no LFE signal present, the towers will behave like large, full range speakers. When an LFE signal is present, the towers will still behave like large, full range speakers - however, they will also play the LFE signal (below 60hz or 80hz) in addition to the full range bass signals the towers receive through the regular speaker wire connections. Happy Listening!

• KnockKnock's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
KnockKnock Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be a part of this forum as a newcomer, and I've recently acquired my first GE 3+.

In my setup, I also have the Lyngdorf 1120, and I reached out to Lyngdorf with the same question about whether I should connect it using the LFE input or not. Their response was straightforward: "Do not connect via LFE." However, the more detailed explanation they provided was a bit too technical for my understanding.

Additionally, I noticed an interesting occurrence with my GE 3+ – it emits a deep "ummmpppffff" sound when I power it off or on while the LFE cable is connected.

Best kk

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Lyngdorf RoomPerfect with Triton R/1/2/3 (2 channel only)