file Supersat 50s / 3s - wall mount vs. freestanding

• Timecop's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Timecop Posted 12 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Timecop. info_outline
I understand that the supersats (50's & 3's) can be either wall-mounted, or freestanding. I've listened to these a couple of times at a local dealer, and the rep I've worked with seems to think that they are designed to get better midrange and lower-midrange if they are flush wall-mounted.

Can you tell me about the audio difference between freestanding and wall-mounting these? Would you cross them over differently based on the mounting? Would the sub's crossover be affected by the satellites mounting option? Do you see any difference between mounting them flush, and using a more flexible mount like the definitive pro-mount 90? (the pm90 holds the speaker about 3" from the wall on a ball, so that you have the ability to aim a wall-mounted speaker).

Thanks!
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 12 years 11 months ago
Wall mounting does cause some reinforcement in the lower midrange. Subwoofer crossover and volume level settings can easily adjust for the subtle differences. Cosmetically most people like the speakers flush wall mounted around their flat screen display. Wall mounting using a swivel-type wall bracket does give some audiophile advantages in that you can angle the speakers toward the listener (toe-in and angle down or up).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperCinema Systems Supersat 50s / 3s - wall mount vs. freestanding