file Receiver recommendation?

• MaxKitty's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
MaxKitty Posted 13 years 1 month ago
I'm considering the Super Cinema 50 system and will need to purchase a receiver. Can you offer specific recommended models that will optimize the sound of this system? Also do any of these receivers come with Wi-Fi capability so I can wirelessly access my music library via iTunes and my iMac? Finally, if I use the wireless connectivity for the Forcefield 4 sub-woofer, will there be any conflicts with the wireless network in my house? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 13 years 1 month ago
Thanks for your interest in the SuperCinema 50 system. The SuperSat 50's are quite efficient, meaning their power requirements are modest. Any good receiver from any number of manufacturers will drive the system quite nicely. As receiver models and specs change constantly, I can't tell you which models have which features, but your GoldenEar products dealer certainly can do so and make appropriate recommendations. Lastly, most wi-fi systems will "look" for an uncluttered channel to prevent conflicts - but it is not foolproof and the only way to know for sure is to install the systems in your home. From personal experience, I have once had two wi-fi audio system devices in my house that conflicted and would not work together... so it CAN happen. Your local dealer will be the best source of help to deal with these kinds of system problems.

MaxKitty Posted 13 years 1 month ago
Thanks. Does Golden ear make floor stands for the SuperSat 3's when used as rear speakers?

Moderator Posted 13 years 1 month ago
Yes, although they are not available just yet.

In the meantime there are universal stands that will work, We've used the Sanus EF-SATB floor stand and they work fine utilizing the threaded insert on the back of the speaker.

MaxKitty Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Few connection questions - do you recommend banana plugs vs connecting the speaker wire directly to the speakers? Are all brands alike or are those that are 3x more expensive worth the $$? What is the optimal gauge of the speaker wire? Again, does brand/price make any noticeable difference?

I'm down to choosing between two Denons - the AVR 991 and AVR 3311ci. Any thoughts/preferences about these two A/V receivers? Both put out 125 watts. Do you agree this is more than sufficient but not too much power for the Super Cinema 50 series?

Thanks.

Moderator Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Banana plugs are nice if you plan on re-connecting regularly (stores like them for this reason), if it's a one time hook up, bare wire is fine. Any good speaker wire will be fine, better cables do make a difference - up to a point and depending on the rest of the associated equipment. Wire gauge depends primarily on distances run, but for typical distances 12 or 14 gauge should be fine.

No worries about too much power, either of those receivers will be fine.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperCinema Systems Receiver recommendation?