question-circle Low ‘flutter’ from T1?

• kerry's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
kerry Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Hello all,

Just recently I started getting a very low pitched flutter or rotor sound coming from the sub in one of my T1’s. That’s weird, but weirder still is that the sound goes away when I turn the sub volume to max. Any setting less than that and it comes back. I’ll experiment with amp settings (a mid-range sony AV unit), but any ideas would be appreciated. We don’t listen at very loud levels...

Thanks for any feedback,

Kerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 5 months ago

kerry wrote: Hello all,

Just recently I started getting a very low pitched flutter or rotor sound coming from the sub in one of my T1’s. That’s weird, but weirder still is that the sound goes away when I turn the sub volume to max. Any setting less than that and it comes back. I’ll experiment with amp settings (a mid-range sony AV unit), but any ideas would be appreciated. We don’t listen at very loud levels...

Thanks for any feedback,

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Sorry to hear your speaker has decided to speak out on its own. If you have LFE cables connected, disconnect them. Does the speaker still make the noise? If so, and while the LEF cables are disconnected, try reversing the speaker wire to each speaker at the speaker end. That is, connect the left speaker cable to the right speaker, and the right to the left. Did that help? If not, it sounds like the amp might be malfunctioning and should be replaced. Contact your local dealer (presumably where you purchased them) and he/she should be able to facilitate the amp replacement for you.

• kerry's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
kerry Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Solved! Thanks for responses; turns out the problem was apparently some RF from of all things a Google Mesh Wifi node. I moved it out the was while staring at the back of the T1 and DUH the flutter stopped. Live and learn...

Back to listening to the great sounds of the T1’s!

Thanks,

Kerry
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 5 months ago

kerry wrote: Solved! Thanks for responses; turns out the problem was apparently some RF from of all things a Google Mesh Wifi node. I moved it out the was while staring at the back of the T1 and DUH the flutter stopped. Live and learn...

Back to listening to the great sounds of the T1’s!

Thanks,

Kerry

D'oh! I realize that I didn't even mention to check for sources of RF that can cause the amps to oscillate.

Glad you've got it all straightened out.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Problems and Solutions Low ‘flutter’ from T1?