file My latest experiment

• fred1942's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 57
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fred1942 Posted 1 year 1 month ago
Recently attended the Tampa Audio Expo. I took my wife with me which was a smart move. After seeing and listening to multi thousand dollar systems, most of which I never heard of before, she now understands how much money I have saved with my system.
GE One R’s front
GE Reference center
GE Triton 7’s side surround
GE Triton 2’s surround back
GE 7000’s ceiling for Atmos
Marantz 8002a AVP
ATI 527 and Sunfire amps

During the Tampa Expo I got a bad case of upgradeitis. Started talking to my dear about adding a tube amp for stereo listening. Since I am painting the entire inside of my house (5000 sq ft), and saving thousands, she told me to go do what I want. Wow, my free ticket.
Here is what I bought:
Willsenton R800i 805 tube amp
Bryston DAC
AudioLab CD transport
Blunode 2i for streaming

Just got it hooked up. Now breaking in the tubes. How does it sound? Like being in a live concert. The One R’s are really singing like never before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, GDHAL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 1 year 1 month ago
So true that one needn't spend an exorbitant amount of money to get grate sound. And even if do, the the law of diminishing returns applies. ;)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics DIY, Mods and Tweaks My latest experiment