file Musical Fidelity M6S PRX

• jandre's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jandre Posted 1 year 11 months ago
I've seen a number of positive posts about Musical Fidelity M6si. Has anyone used the M6S PRX with Triton speakers? I'm wondering how well they will push Triton 2+'s in a large room at a high volume.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 1 year 11 months ago

I've seen a number of positive posts about Musical Fidelity M6si. Has anyone used the M6S PRX with Triton speakers? I'm wondering how well they will push Triton 2+'s in a large room at a high volume.

I have the M6si and can vouch for its overall quality and musicality. I feel Musical Fidelity amps/pre-amps pair very well with the powered Trtiton's. The M6S PRX is a relatively new amp, so you probably won't find anyone on this forum with that particular model. Just google it and read the reviews. I read the specs on it. At face value and in answer to your question I believe it can/will "push" the Triton 2+'s to their maximum potential (volume/decibel wise). I suspect if you purchase the M6S PRX, you will want to pair that with the M6s PRE. Great choices! Combined, I believe both the PRX and PRE are at the top end of your budget (as stated in your other post) but still within it. I think the two pieces combined MSRP is in the $4500 range.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Musical Fidelity M6S PRX