file Help me complete my setup

• cgott42's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
cgott42 Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by cgott42. info_outline
I'm gonna go with a pair of supersat 50c on the side walls = 1 on each wall (where the wall meets the ceiling) and use a swivel mount to point them down at the listener.
Any advice as to position (directly to the side of the listener, in front, behind?)
thx!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi cgott42, In this application, using a pair of SuperSat 50Cs should work well as your Atmos (or height) speakers. When setting up these SuperSat 50Cs, I'd recommend placing the center of the speakers (the location of their tweeters) approximately 1 foot in front of the main listening position. (If the room requires, you could also place their tweeters directly to your sides without any issues.) Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgott42

• cgott42's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
cgott42 Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by cgott42. info_outline
I haven't even setup my Aon3's and I already have upgradeitis :-)
Current setup in progress - (2) Triton 2's as (fronts), SuperCenter XL, (2) Aon3 (surrounds), and (2) SuperSat 50Cs (as Atmos height)

How much difference would having a pair of Triton 2's as the surrounds (instead of the Aon3s)?
Also - what is the ABSOLUTE minumim the Triton 2's need to be from the wall to "breathe" - as 1 of them wouldn't have much room available - so I need to know the absolute min.

thx

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi cgott42, when playing movies recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS, using a pair of Triton Twos as your surrounds (instead of the Aon 3s) would be noticeable, however, I'm not sure this would give you the "biggest bang for your buck". When playing multi-channel music, however, you'll notice quite a bit of improvement when using the Triton Twos as your surrounds. The absolute minimum distance for the Triton Twos would be 6 inches away from the wall behind them - as well as the side walls. Within reason, the more free space you can provide around these towers, the better they'll perform. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgott42

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Help me complete my setup