file Atmos Setup Recommendation

• Demurrer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Demurrer Posted 3 years 4 months ago
OK. I will defer to your expertise and go with the HTR7000s for the surrounds, rears, and height channel. Do you mind taking a look at this layout to see if it looks good? As you'll see, to hopefully improve imaging, I moved the seating up a couple feet to adjust the ratio between (1) the distance from the main listening position to the mains and (2) the distance between the mains.

Unfortunately, there is a joist and duct work immediately above the heads of the listeners, making placement of the side surrounds tricky. Although it might be possible to move the seats further forward a hair, and then try to squeeze the speaker between in front of the joist and under the ductwork (there appears to be exactly 5 inches of clearance so no room to spare), I figured it is safer to just place the side surrounds immediately behind the joist and listeners. I don't think I can give them a full 12 inches from the side walls, but I can probably give them 6 inches.

Do you see any areas where I could improve the layout?

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Hi Demurrer, In this application, (as you have drawn) placing the side surrounds just behind the joist and the listeners would be preferred. Even though these side surrounds would be a bit closer to the side walls than preferred, this would still be acceptable. If possible, I would recommend bringing the rear surrounds a bit closer to the main listening position. They'll work a bit better if you could bring them roughly 2 feet or so closer to the main listening position. Otherwise, this layout looks good.

Demurrer Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Unfortunately, there is a recessed light in the way if I were to move the rears about 2 feet closer. I MIGHT be able to place them about 4-5 feet closer, but figured that would be too close

Moderator Posted 3 years 4 months ago
I understand you dilemma now. Considering the Invisa HTR7000s play at a 30 degree angle, I'd be inclined to leave them a bit further away (than is normally considered ideal).

Demurrer Posted 2 years 3 months ago
As a result of all your previous advice, I have been enjoying my Atmos setup for over a year now. However, one of my old ribbon speakers which has been serving as my left Main has now bit the dust. So I am considering upgrading the Mains to either Triton One.Rs (which I believe your previously recommended to me last year) or even Triton References.

My question, however, is how close to a side wall can I safely place either a One.R or a Reference before the passive radiators may cause reflection problems? As you will see from the above diagram, my room is long but fairly narrow and my projector screen is fairly large.

My left main is currently about a foot away from the left wall. I might be able to move it out another inch or so, but the Tritons (especially the Reference) are a bit wider than my current speakers. So I don't see getting them much further than a foot from the wall.

Thanks again for all your help.

Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi Demurrer, If you're able to leave 12 inches (or more) clear to each side of the Triton One.R or Triton Reference tower, you're in good shape. This would leave enough clearance for the side-firing bass radiators (or passive radiators) to "properly breathe", and you would not run into any issues with side wall reflections as well. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Atmos Setup Recommendation