map-pin GoldenEar Speakers for Atmos Systems

• Moderator's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Looks like that old link is gone. Perhaps this will help answer questions you may have: www.goldenear.com/support/atmos-systems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bonepeeler's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 11
bonepeeler Posted 4 years 2 days ago
Which speaker do you think would be best for Atmos if I don't want in ceilin speakers?
My system is right now a 5.1 with Triton One in front and Aon 3 as surrounds.
Already ordered 2 more pairs of Triton One. With the Supercenter XXL as center channel, I believe it that everything will be matched perfectly and with a really big sound.

For Atmos is Aon 3 a good choice or should I Iook elsewhere?
What about Invisa SPS?

• southsider's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 7
southsider Posted 2 years 10 months ago
The Atmos gimmick it's just what it is a big gimmick , it might work in a movie house but having it in your own HT is a total waste of good money plus it's WAF level is very very low with extra speakers over the place. Nothing beats a good ol 5.1 or 7.1 setup like DTS.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

The Atmos gimmick it's just what it is a big gimmick , it might work in a movie house but having it in your own HT is a total waste of good money plus it's WAF level is very very low with extra speakers over the place. Nothing beats a good ol 5.1 or 7.1 setup like DTS.

Hi, Southsider

Whatever works for you and floats your boat! Happy listening! Thanks for posting! That's the beauty of this hobby, we all get to customize our systems to our own tastes.

I happen to love the addition of height channels. It took a bit of fine tuning after the ceiling speakers were in. The first impression, after using the sound level gauge to set the same sound level as the fronts, was "where's the beef"? The impact was pretty minimal. But, since human ears are directional and pick up front sounds more readily than surround or overhead sounds, I played around with gain settings for the heights, same as I did for the surrounds. And now I love the impact. Several forum friends had the same first impression, and did the same gain adjustments, and now love the heights also.

Enjoy your system as you like it!!!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice GoldenEar Speakers for Atmos Systems