file Considering a SC 3D Array for my daughter

• Splash51's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 408
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Splash51 Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Hi all, I am looking for a good surround solution for my daughters home. Its a small room and she really does not want to run cables to the rears or cut the celling(she is renting). She kinda has a Martha Stewart attitude about the way the living room looks. So audio equipment needs to be heard not seen...... She has a TV on a short entertainment center so a sound bar is acceptable to her décor!?!?

I have researched a few sound bars and some claim to be SS 3D. The ones I have listened to are crappy.

Does anyone have actual experience with the GE SC 3D array? Does it give a descent SS effect? What are you driving it with? Room dimensions? Subs?

The room is a rectangle approx. 16wx10dx12h the walls are solid on left/right and rear(1 small window on back wall at extreme left edge). The wall behind the sound bar is about 10 feet across before an opening.

I wanted to hear from actual users before I go audition one at my local dealer. They have perfectly constructed rooms to demo in(not real world)

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Splash51
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 8 months ago
I have heard the sound bar and they are pretty amazing. I personally went for the Sat3 units so I could get them a bit wider, but you are definitely on the track for one of....no.....THE top sound bar out there.

You really need to hear it to believe it. Lets put it this way I read a review where someone was walking into a show that Golden Ear had a setup of both the sound bar and the Tritons in the same room. The reviewer thought the Tritons were playing and it was the sound bar with sub. Don't walk...run to your nearest dealer and take a listen for yourself. I think you will be blown away.
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Splash51, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 8 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
We make no claim the 3D Array is "surround sound", because calling something surround sound that does not have speakers behind you is nonsense - it doesn't work. Not really. For most, not even "kind of". What the 3D Array is claimed to be is an audiophile-fidelity 3-channel sound bar that incorporates interaural crosstalk cancellation technology to "tell" your brain that there are two distinct speakers (left and right), which cannot happen in a conventional soundbar because the left and right channels are too close together.

it is true that many people use the 3D Array without surrounds (just set the receiver to No surrounds), and the modern home theater receivers do a pretty good job of mixing the surround channels into the front channels in such a way to give some modest perception of surround effects. I have heard many of these setups and they are pretty darn good. It is also true that many people listen to stereo music on the 3D array, and this is one of the places it really shines (and a great way to separate the 3D Array from all the other soundbars out there today). Typical setup is a 3D Array and a ForceField 3, although I've seen more than a few 3D Array systems with two ForceField 5's - and boy did they kick @ss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Splash51

• virginia12's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
virginia12 Posted 6 years 11 months ago
Thank you so much for the Information.I am working at best essay writing service(usawriters.org/) and looking for good surround solution for my daughters home.Finally, I got the solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review SuperCinema 3D Array Considering a SC 3D Array for my daughter