file 3D Array with SuperSat 3 and Forcefield 4

• LMRappard's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
LMRappard Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Moderator. Reason: model name corrected for clarity info_outline
I just setup the SuperCinema 3d array with the SuperSat 3 surrounds and the forcefield 4 for the sub and so far have been extremely impressed. My room constraints which forces the placement of the TV into a corner of a rectangular room along with he WAF were major reason for settling for the soundbar setup. I was originally going to buy the SuperCinema 3 system and place the front 3 speakers on the AV stand that also houses the TV and was worried about the front soundstage with the speaker so close together. The 3D array completely solved this issue and reinvented my attitude about a soundbar, it takes awhile to get your mind around the width of the soundstage from a somewhat singular reference point. Even my wife remarked that the new system sounded really spacious and realistic.

A couple of notes that come to mind after the first week:

The forcefield 4 can really overpower the rest of the system if it is not calibrated properly...I am still tweaking but after a week I have figured out that I needed to set the sub volume at about 2.5 to 3 and that has made the biggest difference in the overall cohesiveness of the entire system. This sub can really rock and the output has become tighter, quicker and more musical between placement and break-in.

Speaking of break-in, I completely believe GE when they say that the speakers need 40-60 hours to break-in. These sound sweeter each and every day that I listen. I'm completely satisfied already and they sound so good that even the wife is pretty impressed and she was not very excited about my addition to the living room.

These tweeters are so sweet, just effortless execution. Sparkle without being bright, airy and detailed without any dryness. There is a rich synergy when everything is calibrated correctly and I know that I can still fine tune more out of them. If your TV has to be in the corner, It would be really hard to find a better system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Thanks, great comments. Enjoy!

• donaldj68's Avatar Offline
donaldj68 Posted 11 years 4 months ago
Wow.. looking forward to mine being set up any day now.. just heard they arrived at the store and I am going to
pick them up by the weekend... any other tips or hints for setup would be appreciated..

I am setting mine up in the "man-cave" room .. a smallish 4th bedroom that has to accomodate a lot of other uses but
when I saw this setup at CES last year..it was "music" to my ears and just the right fit for the room and TV/home theater setup I had
intended to build

Quick question.. what cables did you use to hook up with a receiver/amp

and are you mounting the sats on a wall and if so, what brackets have you found to work with that model

Good luck and enjoy em

Don J

• LMRappard's Avatar Offline school
LMRappard Posted 11 years 3 months ago
I used 12 gauge speaker wire from Monoprice to hook up the speakers and I have the SuperSat 3's placed on stands: Sanus Systems EF-SATB Euro Foundations Adjustable Satellite Speaker Stands, Black

Absolutely love this system.

Lance R.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review SuperCinema 3D Array 3D Array with SuperSat 3 and Forcefield 4