• Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rahmanim Posted 9 years 3 months ago
I have the following setup in my family room:

L/C/R: Invisa 7000
SBR/SBL: Invisa 650
Sub: Forcefield 3
Receiver: Integra DTR50.5

In reading the literature for the Invisa 7000 it says to set it to "small", however it doesn't provide a frequency range. I know with the Supersat series that I have with the Triton 2's it was recommended to put it at 120HZ for all the supersat series speakers.

I would like to know what the correct frequency setup should for the Invisa 7000 and 650.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 9 years 3 months ago

rahmanim wrote: In reading the literature for the Invisa 7000 it says to set it to "small", however it doesn't provide a frequency range. I know with the Supersat series that I have with the Triton 2's it was recommended to put it at 120HZ for all the supersat series speakers.

I would like to know what the correct frequency setup should for the Invisa 7000 and 650.

From the manual:

Home Theater System Bass Management Settings: On your Home Theater receiver or A/V processor’s Speaker
Setup Menu, set speaker to “Small” for all channels using Invisa® HTR 7000 speakers, and set Subwoofer to “Yes.”
The standard 80Hz crossover is the recommended setting (or at least starting point) for the crossover setting.

• rahmanim's Avatar Offline school
There is no "small" setting with the Integra or Onkyo Receiver. It is either "Full Band" or a frequency setting (i.e. 80Hz which is setting for THX). I guess the way I read the literature was the 80Hz was for the subwoofer crossover setting.

Kindly confirm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Full-Band = Large
Crossover = Small

Integra and Onkyo should be reprimanded for not using the industry standard language in their bass management systems.

Subwoofer crossover typically is not a setting you get in a receiver's bass management menu - if there is, it is associated with LFE-only, and should be set to 120Hz. If you are using a sub with a crossover control, it should be at max (or bypass).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• rahmanim's Avatar Offline school
I understand, however let me know if the following setting is acceptable or not for the Invisa 7000 and 650 along with the subwoofer:

Invisa 7000: 80Hz (THX)
Invisa 650: 80 Hz (THX)
Sub LFE: 120Hz

I noticed there are 2 knobs on the back of the Forcefield Sub. What is a typical setting for those knobs (sorry, I can remember what they are for off of top my head)?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Invisa Series Invisa Series Setup Recommendation