question-circle Upgrade to SuperCinema XL or go with SuperSats

• dsayed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dsayed Posted 3 years 5 months ago
I have an original SuperCinema 3D, SuperSub and SuperSats as surrounds under a 60” TV. I’m considering upgrading to an 85” screen and I sit 21’ from the screen. Not surprisingly, the sound image is pretty non-existent with the current setup. Would the XL model make a noticeable difference or should I look into SuperSats on each side of the screen and underneath?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 3 years 5 months ago
Hi dsayed, Considering your main listening position is pretty far away from your television and front speakers, it's easy to understand why the sound produced by the front left and right speakers built-into the SuperCinema 3D Array X sound bar would begin to blend together and sound like "one speaker". Upgrading to the SuperCinema 3D Array XL would only produce a minimal improvement or a slightly larger soundstage. The real improvement would be using separate left and right speakers (like the SuperSats) and spreading them apart as far as you can (9-10 feet apart would be a good start). Happy Listening!

• dsayed's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
dsayed Posted 3 years 5 months ago
Pretty much as I thought. Thanks for the confirmation though.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Upgrade to SuperCinema XL or go with SuperSats