lock Supercinema 3d vs HTR-7000

• dmpaul's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dmpaul Posted 4 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by dmpaul. Reason: Move to different forum info_outline
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but here goes.

I have a new construction with an open floor plan. The room is 16' x 18', with TV mounted on the 16' wall. Ceilings are 10'. It is pre-wired for a Dolby 5.1.2 setup, with all speakers in-ceiling.

My initial plan was to use HTR7000 speakers all around. I have talked to several installers, and they all tell me that angled ceiling speakers help but it still isn't as good as speakers on wall with regards to soundstage coming from TV.

In light of that feedback, I am considering switching to the Supercinema 3d array for the LCR speakers, while still using the HTR7000 for the surrounds.

Pros for the Supercinema:
- easier install, three fewer holes to cut
- "3D" technology apparently allows wide soundstage, which was my biggest concern with soundbar.
- speakers close to TV (no risk of sound appearing to come from the ceiling)

Pros for the HTR7000:
- slightly cleaner look
- lower frequency response may make matching to sub-woofer easier (I have an SVS SB1000)
- $100 cheaper, assuming I get the XL version of the Supercinema

So, my question is given the choice, what would you choose? Are my concerns about in-ceiling speakers unwarranted? It would be nice to be able for an audition to help in decision but that hasn't been possible.

FWIW I'm leaning towards the Supercinema solution if for no other reason I can return it and buy the HTR7000s if I don't like it.

If anyone has experience with either of these systems, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Edit) I'm copying this over to buying advice forum, seems to be a more appropriate place. Not sure how to delete this post.
Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Supercinema 3d vs HTR-7000