file Height of 3D Array XL when both wall mounting soundbar and TV...?

• new24k's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
new24k Posted 5 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by new24k. info_outline
OK...

The 3D Array XL manual (and others) says that you are supposed to wall mount the soundbar so the tweeters are directly in line with your ears...

However, the manual for the TV (and others) says that you are supposed to wall mount the TV so the center of the TV is at eye level.

Obviously - both cannot be done.

How/where is everyone mounting their 3D Array and TV...?

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 5 years 9 months ago
I believe the instruction is "at or aimed at" ear level.

We like the setup where the soundbar is attached to the TV mount, either directly above or below the TV, depending on which is closer to ear level. This looks great and tilting the TV for best viewing is also going to be aiming the soundbar for best sound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• DelsFan's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
DelsFan Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by DelsFan. info_outline
Right or wrong, I've usually tried to set the height of my TV screen so my eyes are 1/4 or 1/3 of the screen height up from the bottom. It is not at all unusual to look (very slightly) up when viewing a movie. Then I place my soundbar underneath, as close to the television as is sensible (for mounting, or looks), and then maybe tilt it up 5 degrees if the mounting system will accommodate such a thing.

The other constraint: I also calculate what the height of the top of the screen would be if I am sitting 1.5 screen widths away, and my max. vertical viewing angle is 15 degrees - and consider this the maximum height I would want my screen (since I might sit further away, reducing the angle, but normally wouldn't sit closer than 1.5 screen widths).
Example: If you have a 65" screen that is 57" wide, then the nearest viewing distance might be 85 inches (about 7 feet). The tangent of 15 degrees is .2679, and 85 times 0.2679 is 23 inches. So, if your eye level is 42" off the floor, then the max height of your screen might want to be around 65 inches.

Backing into what I said earlier, if your eye level is 10" above the bottom of the screen, that leaves 24" to the top of the screen, which is 66 inches off the floor, so maybe you want to lower the screen an inch and maybe you don't.
If you absolutely will never watch from closer than 9 feet, then you could calculate the highest the screen would want to be above eye level would be more like 29" above eye level. Since the screen is 34" tall, you could do this and your eyes would be about 5" above the bottom of the screen. This is 1/7 of the height, but from 9' away maybe this is just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Height of 3D Array XL when both wall mounting soundbar and TV...?