question-circle Invisa Room Correction Recommendations

• matt1553's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
matt1553 Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Hi there. I'm looking for some advice on the settings to use for room correction systems like Audyssey and Dirac in combination with the Invisa series. My goal is to remove the sins of the room while retaining / enhancing the character of the speakers.

I'm personally using five HTR-7000s in the ceiling (8 ft) as L-C-R and top-middle Atmos, with two in-wall MPX as surrounds. My receiver is a Denon AVC-X3800H, which I have a MultEQ-X PC license for (and the option of Dirac later).

A big part of the reason I opted for these Invisa speakers was Mark Henninger's glowing review at AVSForum. I see he EQ'd very close to the Harman preference curve (fig 14) published by Dr Toole, so this is probably an excellent target. I have some questions about refinements that may help to get the most out of these speakers:
  1. What is the crossover frequency for the HTR-7000 and MPX? Is there an expected sound power dip due to driver directivity change that should be left alone (à la Audyssey's "midrange compensation") or has this been eliminated in the speaker design?
  2. Are there any other deviations from a linear frequency response that are part of the design and should be retained?
  3. Are there any parametric cuts or boots that would enhance the perception of an ear-level soundstage from the HTR-7000s? ie. something like the inverse of the digital EQ applied to ceiling-bounce "Atmos enabled" speakers.

I'm also intending to experiment with both full-range room correction and limiting it to below the Schroeder frequency.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 1 year 4 months ago
Hi matt1553,
1- I would recommend using a crossover frequency of 80hz for both the Invisa HTR7000s and Invisa MPXs. I would not expect you to experience a sound dip due to the driver directionality. This should have been eliminated in the speaker design.
2- The aren't any other specific deviations from a linear frequency response that are part of these speakers' design that should be retained.
3- There aren't any parametric cuts or boosts that would enhance the perception of an ear-level soundstage from the Invisa HTR7000s. (The Invisa HTR7000s should do a good job of producing an ear-level soundstage on their own.)
4- I would recommend trying both the full range room correction - as well limiting the correction to below the Schroeder frequency and see (or hear) what you think. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: matt1553

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisa Room Correction Recommendations