file Relocate current 650s or replace with HTR 7000s?

• wesg92's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 37
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wesg92 Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by wesg92. info_outline
Hello,

I currently have 4 650s for my Atmos speakers, however I feel like I'm not getting the true experience of Atmos from them due to where they are positioned.

The speakers are 35 degrees from MLP vertical front/back, and about 37 degrees left/right. My ceiling is staggered - 8' in rear, 9' in front. This puts the speakers 4' in front and 4' in back of MLP, and 4.5' to the left/right. From talking to the Goldenear rep, reading others' experience, etc. I believe these are too far away, and moving them closer to 2' in front/back and 3' left/right would give much better results.

However, it also seems that putting the HTR 7000s in these current locations would be ideal for that speaker, given its 30 degree angle. My question is, which one is likely to produce the best results?

Will the 7000s be able to give a sense of height / sound coming from directly above in these locations?

Or would it be best to move the 650s?

My main issue is not having much sense of height and separation of sound from bed level to heights.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Hi wesg92, Moving the Invisa 650s closer to your main listening position would certainly be a good option. Placing these Invisa 650s a foot or two in front (and a foot or two behind) your main listening position would provide an immersive Atmos experience.

Given a choice, however, I would lean toward using 4 x Invisa HTR7000s (placed in the current location of your Invisa 650s - a bit further away from the main listening position). Having the Atmos speakers aimed toward the listening position - from the ceiling, works very well at creating an "Atmos effect". The Invisa HTR7000s also produce a bit more bass and fuller midrange (when compared to the Invisa 650s). Happy Listening!

wesg92 Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Thanks! I ordered 4 HTR-7000s to avoid all the drywall cutting/patching pain of relocating the 650s. From all my research, it seems the current speaker positions will work very well for the 7000s (as you said), so I'm hopeful!

I'll report back in a week or so with results.

wesg92 Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Well it turns out I need to relocate the rear speakers a little bit to avoid some ventilation, but I got the HTR-7000s in the front and they are absolutely an immediate improvement to the 650s (in that location).

I'm hearing WAY more detail and sense of height than before. VERY excited to get the rears in!

wesg92 Posted 1 year 4 months ago
I can definitely report that the 7000s are a significant upgrade to the 650s - in the locations of my room. I think that last part is key. I'm sure the 650s would be great if they were closer to the MLP, but given my current speaker locations, I'm hearing a LOT more detail and getting a lot more immersion than before. If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Relocate current 650s or replace with HTR 7000s?