question-circle Suggestion for Atmos speakers

• ChillyGiff's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
ChillyGiff Posted 1 year 6 months ago
I’m looking for suggestions on Atmos speakers. The room is really large at 20x20 but I have 120” projection and screen. My current setup is:

Anthem MRX720
Triton 5s
Super center X
Super sat 3
2x SVS sb4000

Right now I’ll probably just go for 5.2.2. Should I be considering invisia 650s or is that over matched for my surrounds? They are more expensive then my surrounds but then again I don’t want to buy the cheapest invisia.

Any sorry of suggestion is welcome…
Thanks!
Anthem MRX720
2x Triton Five
SuperCenter X
1x SuperSat 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Hi ChillyGiff

First, height speakers properly adjusted do add a lot to the sound field overhead effects. And all GoldenEar speakers play perfectly together, and relative effects can be easily adjusted with gain settings to create a balanced surround field without any speaker channel overpowering any other .

So, any of the Invisa ceiling speakers can be used for height duty. The 650's have good heft in that role. Over matched, vs the surrounds, no I don't think so.

2 vs 4 height speakers, up to you,maybe try two and see what you think.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• ChillyGiff's Avatar Offline school
ChillyGiff Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Thanks for your input. I’m concerned with the acoustics of this room. I moved to a larger house and now my theater room is much larger at 20x20. Not sure what type of atmos height speaker I need for such a large space.

On another note, do you think my setup is undersized for this large space or do I badly need bass traps and room treatments for giant square?
Anthem MRX720
2x Triton Five
SuperCenter X
1x SuperSat 3

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 1 year 6 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Re which Invisa ceiling speaker would be good for height duty, you didn't mention the ceiling height, but the 650 is often used in that application with good success.

Re is your system undersized for the room size, 20 by 20', a square room can be challenging to get sound quality adjusted, especially bass. What differences are you hearing with your system now in the larger room? Issues playing at higher sound volume levels? Less or boomy bass? Do you notice peaks and nulls in the bass level as you walk around the room? The Anthem room correction feature you have in the MRX720, ARC, is a useful tool to help deal with room issues, and is worth trying if you haven't yet. Also trying adjustments in sub placement. And I believe the SVS subs you are using have phase adjustment capability, which can also be useful in evening out room modes. And yes, some room acoustic treating can be helpful including bass traps and acoustic panels at first reflection points.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• Audiguy3's Avatar Offline
Audiguy3 Posted 9 months 3 weeks ago
I just put in four Invisa HTR 8000s but I think the HTR 7000 woiuld be fine for your application. I replaced some Klipisch Speakers and the difference was amazing. All my other speakers are GoldenEars - Fronts are all Reference and Rears are Trition Ones

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Suggestion for Atmos speakers