file Mixing Invisia and SuperSat speakers

• acoward's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
acoward Posted 1 year 7 months ago
I was planning on building a 5.1 system using SuperSat speakers (60c + 60 for L & R). Realizing my center speaker would look better built-in, is it possible to mix - so center speaker as SPS and L & R using SuperSat 60? Not sure if they play nicely together. Haven't decided on the rear speakers, so could go in-wall or more SuperSats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: infostans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 1 year 7 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi acoward

I have the SuperCenter Reference as a center speaker, which has a near identical driver configuration to the SPS, and I love it. Great dynamics, clarity, can really dig deep. A perfect way to anchor your system with a first class center speaker, a critical part of any surround system. And the SuperCenter plays and blends perfectly with my four Invisa ceiling height speakers. I've had several combinations of GoldenEar speakers over the years, including the SuperSat 50C playing with an Invisa 525 and T2's. ANY combination I have had has always amazed me with how perfectly they blend together to make a unified sound field. So, the SPS and SuperSat 60's and whatever GoldenEar speakers you choose to round out your 5.1 system, will for sure give you lots of listening pleasure! And that SPS center could be an anchor for making any future speaker upgrades of fronts etc.

What are you planning on for bass support in the form of a subwoofer, as all the speakers you have mentioned are best crossed over to a speaker that can handle lower bass notes?

Just my thoughts, hope that helps.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: infostans

• acoward's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
acoward Posted 1 year 7 months ago
Many thanks! I'm planning on keeping my old Infinity subwoofer (at least until I figure out how it sounds together).
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Mixing Invisia and SuperSat speakers