file Very odd theater room - considering all HTR8000 but open to advice

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Hi Darren. I'll reply by offering something for you to consider that you haven't asked about. You mentioned (paraphrasing) that you placed your television where you have given the fact that there is no viable alternative. Given your photos I'd agree with your assessment. Thing to keep in mind is that heat from a fireplace can damage your television. At a minimum, the screen becomes irreparably "dirty" with soot and other fossil fuel byproducts. Worse than that, warpage of the plastic front panel can occur.

I did a cursory Google search, and it appears there may be some options to at least mitigate the potential from the items I've written. You may want to look into that aspect, especially if your television is new, high-end, etc.

Of course, if you deem your television to be a "disposable" item (or upgrade frequently, like every two to three years), then my points may be moot.

Best of luck. :)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darren's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Darren Posted 1 year 8 months ago

Hi Darren. I'll reply by offering something for you to consider that you haven't asked about. You mentioned (paraphrasing) that you placed your television where you have given the fact that there is no viable alternative. Given your photos I'd agree with your assessment. Thing to keep in mind is that heat from a fireplace can damage your television. At a minimum, the screen becomes irreparably "dirty" with soot and other fossil fuel byproducts. Worse than that, warpage of the plastic front panel can occur.

I did a cursory Google search, and it appears there may be some options to at least mitigate the potential from the items I've written. You may want to look into that aspect, especially if your television is new, high-end, etc.

Of course, if you deem your television to be a "disposable" item (or upgrade frequently, like every two to three years), then my points may be moot.

Best of luck. :)

Thanks for the heads up. I've had my TV in that location for about 15 years. Different iterations over the years but never an issue. The heat rolls out in front of the TV, the temperature just below the TV out to about 12" is merely warm, maybe 80 - 90 degrees depending on the day and duration of the fire if we have one. The current TV is a Sony Bravia that has been in place for about 3 years so all should be good although I'm considering a mantel with the coming remodel which should help even more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GDHAL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Very odd theater room - considering all HTR8000 but open to advice