question-circle Triton One.R and Invisa 7.1.4 or 5.1.4

• langcj's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
langcj Posted 3 years 7 months ago
I'm currently building a new home and in the next few weeks have to meet with the contractor for the speaker wire runs. The room layout is attached along with my shot at speaker placement. The outside of the room the ceiling is 9' with a tray ceiling with a 10' height. There is a slim fireplace (no mantel) with the top at 48" and the TV will be mounted above it.

I'm currently thinking for my front soundstage Triton One.Rs and either a SuperCenter Reference or Invisa SPS how much more will I like the Reference vs the in wall SPS? For a sub I currently have a SVS PB2000 that I would put at the back of the room or possibly remove it entirely if everything sounds good with the One.Rs.

For the surrounds/heights I'm thinking a mix of Invisa 650s for either 2 or 4 overheads and then Invisa MPX for rear surrounds. I'm not sure if its too much in this room to use Invisa HTR 7000s for the side surrounds or if I should just go with the MPXs in the rear and call it a day. Also should I go with only a pair of 650s for the overheads? Any recommendations or direction would be helpful?

Thank you in advance!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

langcj wrote: I'm currently building a new home and in the next few weeks have to meet with the contractor for the speaker wire runs. The room layout is attached along with my shot at speaker placement. The outside of the room the ceiling is 9' with a tray ceiling with a 10' height. There is a slim fireplace (no mantel) with the top at 48" and the TV will be mounted above it.

I'm currently thinking for my front soundstage Triton One.Rs and either a SuperCenter Reference or Invisa SPS how much more will I like the Reference vs the in wall SPS? For a sub I currently have a SVS PB2000 that I would put at the back of the room or possibly remove it entirely if everything sounds good with the One.Rs.

For the surrounds/heights I'm thinking a mix of Invisa 650s for either 2 or 4 overheads and then Invisa MPX for rear surrounds. I'm not sure if its too much in this room to use Invisa HTR 7000s for the side surrounds or if I should just go with the MPXs in the rear and call it a day. Also should I go with only a pair of 650s for the overheads? Any recommendations or direction would be helpful?

Thank you in advance!

Hi

A couple of comments that may help.

First, re heights, I started with two height channels, later added two more. It really made a difference in the overhead envelopment effect. So I'd recommend 4 height speakers as the better option.

Re HTR 7000's as side surrounds, it looks from your diagram that they would be too close to the listening positions to project at ear level, so that may be a problem. I think the extra pair of height speakers add maybe a bit more than an extra pair of surrounds in any case.

Re SC Ref or Invisa SPS for a center, they have the same driver configuration, so it may be a matter of what fits best in your layout. Ether would be superb as a center channel.

Hope this helps. Have fun with your project, you're going to love the sound!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: langcj

• twotooneadam12's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 59
twotooneadam12 Posted 3 years 7 months ago
Should always have a bed layer with ear height speakers. Picture below is from Dolby.com
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, langcj

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Triton One.R and Invisa 7.1.4 or 5.1.4