file Dolby Atmos with Triton oneR and Triton one, FF5 Sub with ScXL center

• jimgmichael's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jimgmichael Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by jimgmichael. Reason: Correct typo info_outline
Hi, I am now upgrading me GE system to have Two Triton One R’s in front, Two Triton 2’s in rear, A Forcefield Sub in the rear and a aGE Center Channel. I am thinking of adding a pair of HTR in the ceiling (7000 or 8000). I also have MPX side channels, though they can be moved to make room for invisa series sides. The room is 20wide x 25 deep. I use it for theater and sound. The ceiling height is 11 feet with stepped levels. Driven by Marantz 8015. What are your thoughts on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Hi jimgmichael, This system should work very well for both music an movie applications. Between the subwoofers built-into the four towers and the separate ForceField subwoofer, you should have a realistic amount of bass when listening to movies. The Invisa MPXs should also work well as your side surrounds. Adding a pair of Invisa HTR7000s or HTR 8000s as your Atmos speakers should also produce a convincing Atmos or height effect. Since these Invisa Atmos speakers play at a 30 degree angle to the ceiling, I would recommend placing them a bit further away from the main listening position than you might expect. Ideally, I would recommend placing them 4 feet (or so) in front of the main listening position. Happy Listening!

• jimgmichael's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
jimgmichael Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by jimgmichael. info_outline
The Triton One R's have come in and are installed as the front Main Speakers with Triton one's as the rear Speakers (I forgot I upgraded to one's). The sound is already a dramatic improvement at this point with the Triton One R's receiving an LFE signal and Standard Speaker signals. The LFE signal is split between the two front Triton One-R's and a Forcefield 5 in the rear on second sub channel. The Rear Triton one's are setup as speaker only inputs. There is also a SuperCenter XL up front and two of the Invisa SPX for side channels (Ear height). I am thinking of ordering 4 of the HTR7000's for in ceiling mounting and am in the process of running the wiring.

The room is a 25' Long room x 20' wide. The Tritons are positioned in an X Shape with the main listening seat nearly in the middle of the X (about 13 feet diagonally from the 4 speakers). The speakers are about 13.5 feet apart width wise and about 16" from the corner walls to speaker center.

There is also a second row of seating behind the main row about 9" higher and about 6 feet behind the main row. It is not used very often. Where would you locate the rear set of the HTR7000? I saw your response about moving the front ceiling HTR7000's to about 4 feet forward of the main row seating. Is that still valid? How far apart width wise (13' to match the front and rears or something else). Also, I have been hearing a lot about Auro 3D layered. Will this setup function for this as well?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Dolby Atmos with Triton oneR and Triton one, FF5 Sub with ScXL center