question-circle Are the subs in my One.R’s pointless?

• besposito's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
besposito Posted 1 year 8 months ago
I’ve added 2 SVS subs (SB-3000) to my room, and I really like them in a nearfield position crossed over at 70 hz. They’re literally inches to the left and right of where I sit. In this position, I enjoy the “body feeling” as well as the elimination of room modes. With the One.R’s, I know that I need to incorporate a high pass crossover, so that makes me wonder - are the subs in the One.R’s pointless? Right now I have the “sub volume” turned all the way down and I don’t notice a difference (measured as well). I’d probably even unplug them once I get the crossover situated. All of that leads me to wonder: should I be looking at new speakers? I do REALLY love the soundstage of the Tritons though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 8 months ago
Hi besposito. Welcome to the GE forum.

Frankly, I don't understand why you would have purchased the T1Rs if you felt the subs were/are "pointless". Then again, I don't understand why anyone with powered Triton towers feel the need to add one or more additional subs.

Best.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by besposito. info_outline
Thanks for your unhelpful response and generally bad attitude (my thanks is sarcastic). I never said that the subs are pointless — IF you don’t have separate subs.

If you must know, first, I owned the One.R’s without additional subs for 2 years. I enjoyed them, subs and all, but always craved more bass extension and elimination of deep room nulls. Separate nearfield subs will, frankly, put ANY full range speaker to shame in the bass department. The elimination of room modes, and the feeling of bass in the body, is always going to be lacking from subs in speakers. Now, do you care to actually help me with my question? Otherwise, “frankly, I don’t understand why anyone” would respond to a post without a single helpful word.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
besposito, given that your post is literally the first one in this forum and I prefaced my response to you with a "welcome", I can't understand why you feel I have a "bad attitude". In any case, best of luck to you.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by besposito. info_outline
The content of your reply was certainly not welcoming nor instructive. You only aired your grievances about what you “don’t understand.” Yet, you still somehow seem to not understand.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You're rather unkind, besposito.

I think you should be looking at more than just new speakers and crossovers. :laugh:

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Are the subs in my One.R’s pointless?