question-circle Triton 2+ with 2 SVS Subs or Triton One.R only ?

• jandre's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jandre Posted 1 year 10 months ago
Triton 2+ with 2 SVS Subs or Triton One.R only ?

-Room is large - 23’x23’ with 13’ ceilings
-For Music only (hip-hop, alternative, rock)
-I like to crank it loud at times

Was originally considering the ~$4500 Triton 2+ with (2) SVS SB-3000 at ~$3000 for total of $7500.

Then I realized maybe the One.R’s alone for $7500 would get me even better sound, be a better long term investment, and provide more than adequate bass?

Would love to hear perspectives on that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 1 year 10 months ago

Triton 2+ with 2 SVS Subs or Triton One.R only ?

-Room is large - 23’x23’ with 13’ ceilings
-For Music only (hip-hop, alternative, rock)
-I like to crank it loud at times

Was originally considering the ~$4500 Triton 2+ with (2) SVS SB-3000 at ~$3000 for total of $7500.

Then I realized maybe the One.R’s alone for $7500 would get me even better sound, be a better long term investment, and provide more than adequate bass?

Would love to hear perspectives on that.

Hi jandre.

That is a large room you have. Ceiling height in particular. Personally, I would go with the all integrated solution, 1R. Reason being is less overall footprint, and it could be challenging to get the right synergy with four pieces as opposed to two. Interesting dilemma you have. I'm sure others will lend their .02. Best of luck!
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• CPK35216's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
CPK35216 Posted 1 year 10 months ago
That's a very large room. Audioholics would describe it as larger than an Extreme Room (5000 cubic feet), so you might want to look at SVS subs that hit the Extreme rating on Audioholics like the 16Ultra models. That said, I have BRXs with dual SB16 Ultras in a MUCH smaller room (15x22x8 -- opens to two big areas). My setup will be overkill. Your setup would be underkill I fear with just the speakers. That said, I would think about One.Rs to begin with and then future addition of one or two SVSs subs like the SB3000 (for your music tendency). My two cents.
BRX x4 ; Supercenter Reference; Dual SVS SBUltra 16

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 2+ with 2 SVS Subs or Triton One.R only ?