question-circle Options for Narrow Spacing of Tritons

• Casey.K's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Casey.K Posted 2 years 3 weeks ago
New Triton Three+ owner here :)

My setup is a bit limited in how far I can separate my front mains, basically keeping them to the edges of the TV, 60 inches apart. The main listening position is about 90 inches away. Most setup tips have emphasized wide placement with strong toe-in for the Tritons, but that' not really achievable in my room without things being way off center. What should I do instead?

So far I've liked the way they sound, very transparent and incredibly detailed. However, they are a bit fatiguing at times so I'm wondering what I need to alter in my setup for the best sound. I do plan on buying a much larger rug for the room, and I also plan on treating the side walls with acoustic panels. Also will be running Audyssey XT32 soon to see if it can help.

Thanks for any tips!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
GDHAL Posted 2 years 3 weeks ago
Hello Casey.K.

Welcome to the GE forum!

In answer(s) to your question(s)... stay the course!!!

Based on your description, you're on the "right track". While you certainly can and should keep "Sandy's setup tips" in mind as far as spacing, I've repeatedly pointed out on this forum and elsewhere that his "tips" are not "absolute". Sandy's tips form an **almost** equilateral triangle. You can, in fact, do **very** well with an isosceles triangle configuration.

To your statement " ....a bit fatiguing at times so I'm wondering what I need to alter in my setup... do as you state... treat the side walls. However, do not overlook the ceiling and front wall! No need – initially - to go down the rabbit hole with secondary and other reflection points.

You're good to go!

Best of luck!

Hal

halr.x10.mx/other.html
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Options for Narrow Spacing of Tritons