file Triton 3 Highs Lack Brightness

• Joshuaa's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Joshuaa Posted 2 years 5 months ago
Hi…I’ve been a GE owner for several years and love their speakers. Recently while watching a movie it seemed that the highs are lacking brightness or “sparkle”…this is not something that just happened but something I’ve noticed a few times. When I plugged in a set of BW bookshelf speakers the highs had much more brightness and detail but could be fatiguing after a while. I picked up a pair of Ohm Walsh 3s over the weekend and they too are much brighter and detailed in the highs. So, my question is…is there a way to get more detail/sparkle out of the highs on the GE? Everything seems soft and almost rolled off.

Denon 4500
2 Crown 1002 bridged powering the T3s

Thanks
Joshua

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 5 months ago
Hi Joshua

If this is a new problem, I'd suspect the particular feeds, unless it is all feeds now, and if so, I'd want to first listen to each T3 up close to determine if they both sound the same. If not, there may be a tweeter driver in one of them that needs replacing.

In general, the GoldenEar HVFR tweeters will be less bright (fatiguing in my view) than most any cone tweeter I've ever heard, but sweeter, and smoothly detailed. So if that is not what you're hearing now, on familiar tracks, as you've heard before, then something in the T3 tweeters, or the gear feeding them has changed. I'd be inclined to listen to each T3 separately first to determine if one of the T3 tweeters is amiss.

Just a thought.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 3 Highs Lack Brightness