• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Enjoy your new T3+'s!

I'm not familiar with Audigy. Are you referring maybe to Audyssey room correction?

I like to start out with manual settings in any case, using a hand held dB meter and measured distances from speakers to listening position, and break new speakers in before considering room correction, because speakers, and gear, do change and blossom with break in. I also usually adjust gains some by ear as I listen to fine tune balance picked up by my ears. Our ears are more directional than a 360 degree mic'.

Not sure what room correction options your Denon receiver has, probably some version of Audyssey, if you choose to do that after break in.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sethdemain's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
sethdemain Posted 3 years 1 month ago
Yes Audyssey (brain fart). do you think worth using it? I will start with my ears (I used to be an acoustics consultant for concert halls, transit, other stuff so I should be able to do well enough).

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hey Seth

Ha! Being an acoustic consultant would be a perfect background for fine tuning your own HT! Must have been an interesting, challenging line of work. Every venue presents it's own acoustic challenges.

Re Audyssey, I and others have found it has some issues dealing with powered Triton towers in particular. It really doesn't know how to treat the built-in subs. I have tried using it on several different speaker setups with Triton towers, and it always wants me to turn them down further than I can, over emphasized the gain settings, etc. And unfortunately it's the 500 Hz portion and down that is most subject to room nodes and could benefit from room correction. I have basically done factory resets to remove all settings and rely on my own ears and manual setup, including speaker placement changes to deal with room nodes and imaging, and some acoustic treatments..

With your background in acoustics, I'll bet on your instincts and manual adjustments or acoustic treatments over Audyssey. Your choice though.

Re speaker break in, those T3+'s will benefit from at least 50-60 hours of playing music with a full frequency range, and at some good SL's. The driver's cones and spiders loosen up, the electronics from crossovers to DSP's burn in, etc. They just sound sweeter, have fuller bass after some use.

Have fun and enjoy!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• Emilyjames0111's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Emilyjames0111 Posted 1 year 9 months ago
Thanks for information

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Settings for my upgraded T3+, SSXL, FF3 system