question-circle Using the BRX for nearfield listening.

• wein07's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wein07 Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by wein07. info_outline
Hi everyone!

I am looking to purchase the BRX for desktop/nearfield usage.

The speaker placement would be each 1.2m from my sitting position in a triangle. Around 1.5m apart. Would being placed around 1.5-2 feet from the wall be enough?

Would they be suitable for my use?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi wein07, I would have no hesitation with using the BRXs in the nearfield environment you've described. Placing these speakers 1.5m apart - with your listening position 1.2m away from each of the speakers would allow you to hear a natural tonal balance and great 3-dimensional imaging. In addition, placing these BRXs 1.5 - 2 feet away from the wall would also minimize any room reflections.

Last, when setting up these speakers, I'd also recommend placing them so their tweeters are at "ear level". Happy Listening!

• DiamondEar's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
DiamondEar Posted 1 year 5 months ago
what if I have to put BRX even closer to me? On my desk, the speakers would be 1 M apart and 0.6 M from me.
Also, would you recommend an amplifier that has headphone output around $1000 for BRX?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 5 months ago
Hi DiamondEar, Even though the placement of these BRX bookshelf speakers would be close together (and close to the listening position), I would expect them to sound quite natural. I would not hesitate to use the BRXs in this application.

You might consider amplifiers from Marantz, Cambridge Audio, and Rotel. All three of these brands offer quality integrated amplifiers with headphone jacks in the $1000 range. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series Using the BRX for nearfield listening.