file BRX for music/HT

• 2AnalogEars's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
2AnalogEars Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Hi,

I am seriously considering the BRX and SuperCenter Reference speakers as LCR speakers in my current setup. The room size is 12 ft. x 18 ft. and the system will be used 70% music to 30% movies in a 5.1.4 configuration. I usually listen around 75-85 db. I also have a SuperSub X and plan to add another. Any advice and pros/cons on this particular setup/selection?

Thanks...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 11 months ago
Hi 2AnalogEars, I would have no hesitations with using a set of BRXs and a SuperCenter Reference as the front stage of a 5.1.4 home theater system. The BRXs are designed to be (first and foremost) musically accurate, and since this system will be used 70% of the time for listening to music, they'd be a great choice as your front left and right speakers. I think you'll find their Reference speaker components provide a natural midrange reproduction - especially vocals. Adding a SuperCenter Reference to the BRXs would be the perfect choice for a center speaker as well. In addition, using a SuperSub X (or two) as your subwoofer would provide accurate, articulate and powerful bass.

When setting up this system, I would recommend setting up the front speakers near an equilateral triangle with your main listening position. If you're 10 feet away from the speakers, I would recommend placing the speakers 10-11 feet apart - and angling them toward the main listening position. Ideally, we'd want the BRXs roughly 26 - 30 inches above the floor as well. Happy Listening!

• 2AnalogEars's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
2AnalogEars Posted 2 years 11 months ago
The speakers are among my top choices so thank you for the information, setup tips, and quick response. I very much appreciate a natural sounding midrange and the imaging that the GoldenEars are known for so I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks again...

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series BRX for music/HT