file Upgrading Nearfield system to Aon 2. Mounting adv.

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 3 months ago
My upstairs office setup is about to get an upgrade. I currently have 2- Super Sat 3's as my main with an FF3 under the footwell of my desk. The SS3's will get mounted on the back wall and I will be putting the Aon 2's up front. (with a center channel later)

Dilema, no room to put stands, they have to be on the wall. Either a Shelf for each unit, or a mounting bracket that will handle the weight.

Any recommendations?

I am thinking a solid bookshelf of about 12" - 14" square would do it. That would give me adjustment space to tow in the units properly for imaging. I have blue clay to keep vibrations damped. I could also be interested in a larger bracket that puts the unit away from the wall.

Question is about what is the best for placement. I know I am limited but will I be hurting the performance keeping them so close to the wall?

Looking forward to a full surround unit in my office as I game as well there and I am sure Destiny and call of duty will sound awesome....

Or do you think I will get any benefit of going from the SS3 to the Aon 2 with my setup? Once in full surround system and dialed in will I notice a difference? If not I could just pick up 2 more SS3 and a SS3 center and call it a day.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 3 months ago
www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9O8SI/ref=wl_it_d...oliid=I3P53Y6TAQOTI0

Roman,

Anthem installed these. They look good and he gave a positive review. I'll use something like these eventually. Right now they are simple wall mounted.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Roman Johnston

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 3 months ago
Thanks!! Actually this is a duplicate of my first post. I posted it and it never showed up. I figured I forgot to hit send and wrote the second post you responded to. Must have been some weird delay in the ether between hitting send and it showing up here. :)

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Aon Series Upgrading Nearfield system to Aon 2. Mounting adv.