file Just Installed Aon 3's

• Duckman1's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Duckman1 Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Moderator. Reason: typos info_outline
Just replaced my beloved Def Tech BP 30's with a pair of Aon 3's, and that gives me a pretty good idea of how far Sandy (who had a hand in the design of both speakers) has come in the 13 years since I bought the Def Tech's. Imagine my surprise that a speaker with, maybe, 15% of the volume hit me with a sound that showed the two speakers to be related. But the Aon's had such an advantage in the extension and detail of the higher frequencies, yet maintained that remarkable mid-range that made me love my old BP 30's. A close-miked Norah Jones sounds very sweet on both speakers, but with the Aon's the sound stage is wider, deeper and more open (airy... if you are an audiophile) than I ever thought possible... especially at this price point. After dialing the Aon's in with my very fussy Hsu sub, I spent a day going through source material that was worthy of these speakers, and just kept finding details I had never heard before. I still have a lot of breaking in to do, but I can tell you that the cost/sound quality bar has been raised to a significant new level. Well done GoldenEar!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Thanks - great review! Enjoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review Aon Series Just Installed Aon 3's