file 8 year old ForceField 4 No power, no trigger

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Roman Johnston Posted 1 month 1 week ago
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Roman Johnston. info_outline
Not even a temp flash of the green power light. My FF3 had issues during the warranty period and even that would flash green when I plugged it in for a second.,

Unplugged for a while (power and incoming coax cable), and plugged back in. No Joy
Checked the fuse and it is good.
Checked with a known good coax cable and power cable. No Joy
Plugged power out of power strip and directly into wall. No Joy
Put my FF 3 downstairs and plugged it in and working perfectly. So isolated to the actual unit.
Took FF4 and plugged it into my upstairs unit dead.

Guessing power supply with the green light not even flashing for a second when plugged in.

1. Is there any way to drain the power from all the circuits (In the computer world we call it draining the Flea Power)
2. Any schematics for me to pull the back plate and troubleshoot the issue? Happy to pop a meter on what is needed to figure out what component to purchase.
3. Can I guy parts if needed?

Are there common issues I should be looking at or maybe some troubleshooting steps beyond what I have described?
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 1 month 1 week ago
Hi Roman, I would recommend contacting GoldenEar's customer service department. I'm sure they'll be able to help you. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 (M-F 9-5:30 Eastern Time).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs 8 year old ForceField 4 No power, no trigger