exclamation-circle Forcefield 4 LFE or Line in not triggering sub until ridiculous volumes

• Nakean's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Nakean Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Is there any hardware or replacement pieces I can get for the plate amp to help trigger the power on switch? Is there any way to bypass the auto on and leave the sub on or create my own on/off power switch?

I have to unplug my mains and turn the system almost all the way up before the sub will trigger. I even have the mains set to as low as they will go and the sub to as high as it will go in my AVR with the sub turned down super low. This still doesn't trigger the sub unless turned almost all the way up and then I run the risk of sending the sub a distorted signal from the AVR.

I've tried this in my computer system through a mini DSP and using powered speakers in which I, again, set the mains really low and input signal to the mains low and input signal to the sub really high with the sub turned waay down. I have to crank the system to get the sub to come on.

There's got to be something I can do. The sub sounds amazing when it's working. So incredible for its size. Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Hi Nakean, The turn on sensitivity of the ForceField 4 on/off circuit is not designed to be adjustable (or bypassed). From your description, however, it sounds like the turn on sensitivity of the amplifier built-into this particular subwoofer is out-of-spec (or defective). If the "sub out" level on your receiver is turned all the up, and the levels of your speakers are turned all the way down, I would expect your subwoofer to reliability turn on at a fairly low listening volume. I would suggest contacting GoldenEar's customer service group. They should be able to help you. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 1-949-800-1805 M-F 9 - 5:30 Eastern Time.

• Nakean's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
Nakean Posted 2 years 3 months ago
Sent them an email. Thank you for your help.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs Forcefield 4 LFE or Line in not triggering sub until ridiculous volumes