file ForceField 5 - Dual sub options

• jasonmoore's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jasonmoore Posted 2 years 4 months ago
I have a FF5 in my SuperCinema 3D Array XL system (+ 2x SuperSat 3 surrounds and 4x Invisa 650s for Atmos). I love this setup!

That said, I want to add a second sub, but it looks like the FF5 has either been out of stock for 2+ years or discontinued. Should I get a FF4 as the second sub? Is that "close enough" to get them integrated properly? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
The following user(s) said Thank You: greengenra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Hi Jason, The ForceField 5 subwoofer has been discontinued. It's a great sounding subwoofer, however, the price and performance of the ForceField 5 was considered too close to the price and performance of the SuperSub X. With this in mind, it was decided to discontinue the ForceField 5.

When adding a second subwoofer to your system, it would certainly be appropriate to add a ForceField 4 or a SuperSub X to your system. The ForceField 4 can't play quite as low or as loud as the ForceField 5, but it's still a great sounding subwoofer and would be a nice addition to your home theater system. The SuperSub X, on the the other hand, can play a bit louder and a bit lower than the ForceField 5. Either the ForceField 4 or the SuperSub X would be a great choice.

Adding a second subwoofer would be nice improvement and would also produce better integration or blending between your subwoofer(s) an your main speakers as well as producing an "even bass response" throughout your listening room. Happy Listening!

• jasonmoore's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
jasonmoore Posted 2 years 4 months ago
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I should have bought a SuperSub X instead of the FF5... I was tempted to do just that when I bought the system a couple of years ago. At the time, the FF5 was immediately available but the SSX was out of stock... I should have waited!

I'll probably try a SuperSub X. If my OCD gets the better of me, I'll grab a second one eventually and sell the FF5.

Thanks again,
Jason

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs ForceField 5 - Dual sub options