file Did ForceField speaker-level input/output go away?

• braden's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
braden Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by braden. Reason: Add "ForceField" to title info_outline
The ForceField overview page says "ForceField subs all have speaker-level inputs and outputs (with a high pass crossover on the outputs)".

However, when I read the ForceField manual (which is linked from the "Manual & Literature tab" of the ForceField page), the drawings of the ForceField rear panel clearly do not have speaker-level inputs, and I find no mention of such elsewhere in the manual. The manual says copyright 2021.

I note that a copyright 2017 version of the manual (hosted by Crutchfield) does show and describe speaker-level input with high-pass output.

So, here is my question: Has the speaker-level input/output been removed from newer versions of ForceField subs? Are there two versions of the subs or am I otherwise misunderstanding in some way? Finally, am I able a buy a new ForceField sub with speaker-level input/output?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Hi Braden, I'm sorry for the confusion. An incorrect ForceField owner's manual was accidently posted on the GoldenEar website. This manual has been removed, and the correct owner's manual for the ForceField 3 and ForceField 4 subwoofers has been posted. You'll notice the ForceField 3 and ForceField 4 subwoofers have speakers level (or high level) inputs and outputs. The speaker level outputs also have a built-in high pass crossover or high pass filter as well. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs Did ForceField speaker-level input/output go away?