question-circle Use Both High and Low Level input, two systems/amplifiers, only one on at a time

• Redrum's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Redrum Posted 4 years 1 month ago
Hi;

I have Triton 2's at home, got them close to when they were released, and have been happy.

But, my question...

I bought a FF3 for a small system in a cabin. Nothing special, a small arcam 65 wpc integrated amp, and two older klipsch small bookshelf speakers I had. I listen to media through a squeezebox touch. I have the amp hooked up to the FF3 using speaker level inputs, and am using the high pass out drive the speakers. With the frequency roll off turned up near 150 Hz, and level a bit below mid, sounds like a big set of speakers in the room. Nice product. Most of my listening is not critical and not loud.

I have an inexpensive soundbar (yamaha) that I use for TV/Roku viewing. The audio system and the soundbar will not be on at the same time. I was thinking of connecting the low level input of the soundbar to the lfe/sub input of the ff3. Any problems electronically? I realize that with the sub setup for my audio system, the sound might not be perfercy for the video/soundbar, but I am thinking it might just add some low end that the sound bar is missing.

But, I don't want to do anything that might either damage the unit, or affect the sound of the audio system.

Also, wondering if the auto on/off would still work

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 1 month ago
Auto on works through the high level input as well as through the LFE input.
As far as connecting the sub with inputs from two seperate systems, this is something that is not recommended.

reason?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 1 month ago
I did some additional digging into your question. Using the LFE out from the soundbar to the sub, and the high level input from the amp, then to the speakers shouldn't cause any issues. Other than the challenges of not being able to adjust for the TV, and making sure both are not on simultaneously, it should work.

great! Thank you for the additional investigation! Yes, I understand that the volume set for audio might not compliment the soundbar. But, if it does, since I use a harmony remote, the audio amp is off when the tv/roku /soundbar is on, so that could take care of the two amp issue...

Appreciate your help. Excellent little sub.
Jim

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support ForceField Subs Use Both High and Low Level input, two systems/amplifiers, only one on at a time