file Loose part...

• Utftballfan's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Utftballfan Posted 11 years 2 months ago
I installed my FF4 this past Tuesday. Yesterday I noticed something hanging down behind the front grill. I removed the grill and it was a 10" diameter ring about a 1/4" wide. The only place it could have come from from was around the outside of the speaker. It had adhesive on one side so I simply placed it around the speaker and pressed it into place. Is this something I need to be concerned with? Should I return the speaker to the dealer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Sorry to hear you are having this issue - the part is a cosmetic trim ring, there to make the sub look pretty when you remove the grille. It is glued in place, I would guess either it wasn't pressed in place firmly in production or the adhesive failed due to temperature extremes exposure (happens in the winter time from transit). You may be able to just warm it up and press it back in place around the front outer edge of the woofer and it will never come off again. Or you can toss it (it is cosmetic only), or you could contact your dealer and ask to exchange the sub.

• Utftballfan's Avatar school
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Utftballfan Posted 11 years 2 months ago

Moderator wrote: Sorry to hear you are having this issue - the part is a cosmetic trim ring, there to make the sub look pretty when you remove the grille. It is glued in place, I would guess either it wasn't pressed in place firmly in production or the adhesive failed due to temperature extremes exposure (happens in the winter time from transit). You may be able to just warm it up and press it back in place around the front outer edge of the woofer and it will never come off again. Or you can toss it (it is cosmetic only), or you could contact your dealer and ask to exchange the sub.

I am glad to hear it is cosmetic only. I did press it back into place. I am very pleased with the performance of the sub so it won't be going back to the dealer over this non-issue.

Thanks for the quick response.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Cool - enjoy!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back