file Supersat 50 placement.

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
lmclacr Posted 1 year 7 months ago
I'm getting ready to install my supersat50 in my 5.2.4 home theater. They will be used as surround located slightly behind the listening position. About 100degre from MLP. I will be using the Goldenear bracket.

I read in the description that Goldenear propose to install them far away from each other; even use corner of the room. Dolby specs recommends matching the surround with your front speakers.

I won't be able to test multiple positions unless I make holes in the wall. (Not a good option) I would like to here about your experience as user as well as the moderator of supersat positioning as surround.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 7 months ago
Hi Imclacr, First, the SuperSat 50s make great surrounds speakers. From your initial description, I'm sure they'll produce an immersive home theater experience. Next, since you've mentioned about placing these surrounds at a 100 degree angle to your main listening position (approximately 10 degrees behind the main listening position), it sounds like these SuperSat 50s will be placed on the side walls of your listening room (slightly behind the main listening position). Presuming your listening room isn't real wide (less than 17-18 feet wide), this should work well. Ideally, I'd recommend placing these SuperSat 50s on your side walls and 10-20 degrees behind the main listening position. I'd also recommend angling them inward toward the main listening position and placing them a bit higher than ear level (roughly 5-6 feet above the floor). This will add to a sense of spaciousness they'll create around the listeners. Happy Listening!

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
lmclacr Posted 1 year 7 months ago
I appreciate the prompt response. Here is a top view diagram to get a better visual of the situation.
I agree with the height to be 1 or 2 feet above ears level.

If I go with the location highlighted with the blue X, I would get about 20degrees behind the MLP.

What is I put the Left speaker to the location identified by the red X and let ARC managing the level. This would represent the Left speaker behing about 4' further than the Right speaker.

Each option would you recommend?
Again thanks for your help.
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 1 year 7 months ago
Hi Imclacr, Either option should produce a convincing surround effect, however, given a choice, I'd be inclined to place the surround speakers in the "blue locations". This way, the left and right speakers would be symmetrical and you could still angle speakers toward the main listening position. Placing the left speaker in the "red position" should still work okay, however, you'd have to rely on the receiver's ARC to compensate for the uneven distance between your surrounds. There really isn't a benefit to relying on the ARC - if you don't have to. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back