file Supersat 3 Rear Atmos setup

• Dwight's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 150
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Dwight Posted 4 years 2 months ago
I currently have a 7.2.4 GE setup & recently have made physical changes to HT room. The changes included positioning seats closer to screen. Visually this made sense however my atmos setup is now out of alignment. My atmos setup is as follows:

2x htr7000
2 x Invisa 650’s

I cannot move the rear 650’s further forward due to Inceiling HVAC/ duct work etc so no option there. As a potential solution I could replace the 650’s Rear atmos with 2x Supersat 3’s. They would sit on ceiling & avoid the ductwork mentioned above.

My question is would the Front atmos HTR 7000’s be compatible with the rear atmos Supersat 3’s. With my current setup the 650’s voice quite well with the htr7000’s hoping for a similar result with the Supersat 3’s.

Appreciate your input.
Dwight
HT 7.3.4
Triton Ones
Triton One R
Super Sat 50's
Super Sat 50c's
Super Sat 3’s
140 inch 2.35 Elunevision Audio Weave AT screen
JVC X790
Pana. UB9000
Bryston 4Bsst2 power amp
Marantz MM7055 5 channel Power amp
Marantz M7025 2 channel Power amp (2)
Marantz AV7703 Preamp/processor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 2 months ago
While the Invisa 650, HTR-7000 and SuperSat 3 all sound slightly different, your processor's room correction will tie them together nicely.

• Dwight's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 150
Dwight Posted 4 years 2 months ago
Thank you Moderator. That’s great news. I forgot about the room correction’s ability to correct voicing discrepancies.

I am going to use the Supersat 3c horizontally. Should I space them to line up with the front atmos HTR7000? Consistent with the Dolby Atmos guidelines for a 7.2.4 setup. I guess what I asking is there anything unique about setting up the Supersat 3c as atmos speakers to consider? I am also going to use the Super Swivels On the ceiling to aim them Directly at the main listening position.
HT 7.3.4
Triton Ones
Triton One R
Super Sat 50's
Super Sat 50c's
Super Sat 3’s
140 inch 2.35 Elunevision Audio Weave AT screen
JVC X790
Pana. UB9000
Bryston 4Bsst2 power amp
Marantz MM7055 5 channel Power amp
Marantz M7025 2 channel Power amp (2)
Marantz AV7703 Preamp/processor

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 4 years 2 months ago

Dwight wrote: Thank you Moderator. That’s great news. I forgot about the room correction’s ability to correct voicing discrepancies.

I am going to use the Supersat 3c horizontally. Should I space them to line up with the front atmos HTR7000? Consistent with the Dolby Atmos guidelines for a 7.2.4 setup. I guess what I asking is there anything unique about setting up the Supersat 3c as atmos speakers to consider? I am also going to use the Super Swivels On the ceiling to aim them Directly at the main listening position.

The best suggestion I can offer is to try the SS3 in one orientation and then rotate the SS3 90 degrees and see if it sounds ant different in your setup. If you prefer one orientation over the other then keep the speakers oriented that way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwight

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review SuperSat Series Supersat 3 Rear Atmos setup