compress Supersat 60 and 60C review

• Earsofgold's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Earsofgold Posted 4 years 4 months ago
I purchased two Supersat 60s and one 60C to replace my 20+ year old Energy C8 towers and CC100 Center channel. Going from something as big as the C8s, with a 1” aluminium dome tweeter and two 8” woofers, I was worried with what I would lose in bass and mid range. I chose to wall mount all speakers, as they are designed to perform their best on-wall, and did so using the keyhole slots on the back and a laser level. I knew they wouldn’t sound their best right away, as any good speaker needs plenty of break in time for both the drivers and crossovers, so I wasn’t surprised when they sounded hollow compared to my Energy’s. They didn’t have the midrange detail that my energy’s did and definitely didn’t have the bass. The tweeter on the other hand blew the energy’s away with the smoothness and openness of the sound. I was amazed at the detail that came through especially when playing hi-res music. After a good month of listening, I noticed that they had really come alive and didn’t hear the hollowness that the drivers had when brand new. I re-ran my auto calibration software and chose the eq’d version over the non-eq’d, I know I know but it sounded more open and tighter, and set my crossovers at 80hz for all three speakers. Listening to the same hi-res music as before, these speakers blew the Energy’s away. The bass crossed over at 80hz blended seamlessly with my 12” sub. I’m addicted to listening to everything all over again, including movies, the HVFR tweeter truly is an amazing thing to hear, it’s so open, detailed and clear compared to regular dome tweeters and holds its own at high levels without breaking up. So not only do these speakers look awesome with their grills off, but after a good break in period and proper bass setup with a subwoofer, they sound huge.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 4 years 4 months ago
Thank you for the great review! Glad you're enjoying the speakers so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review SuperSat Series Supersat 60 and 60C review