file Got the Living Room finished.

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Roman Johnston Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Well got the surround system installed in the living room. Wife is very happy and dialed it all in. I have to say I am very pleased. Probably will never hit a movie theater again. Last update is to get the new AV rack.

Got that and the first lawn mowing in for the season done. Mounted my speakers upstairs and started my marathon editing for a project I am doing for the Japanese Garden here in Portland.

Here is one of the shots I was working on while listening to my new office system.

Thanks again to everyone....your advice was most helpful.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stan 2011, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Roman,

Amazing work on the photo!!! Would you be willing to post the pre-edit version? I'd like to see the transformation.

Nice job on the speaker install as well. Very clean! How does it sound?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Been busy with projects. Will see if I can get you an un-edited example of that shot when I can. Have a new project right on the last one's heels. So more editing to go.

Still been just micro tweaking the Movie system downstairs. I have to say the more I dial the SS3 and FF4 system in the more impressed I am. The Opening Scene for Transformers: Age of Extinction. Tells you all you need to know about the system. (and tells me I have most everything in the house nailed down). Wow.....the bass is incredible. The sound....when the little dinosaur squawks...it echos out into the sound stage like I am in the middle of the valley. I can darned near shoot the plane out of the sky when it comes in from the rear on the right. I am amazed I paid so little for so much. My wife says feels like I pamper her. She is disabled and spends a good amount of time downstairs and she has never heard TV....movies, whatever with such awesome sound.

The upstairs listening is pretty good but still a work in progress. I purchased the NAD 3020 unit and found it to be challenging to get the sound exactly like I want. The size and sound quality of the unit is very nice, but no cutoffs for speaker control. I used the sub's crossover (and I have triple checked the wiring and the tuning) but sometimes depending on the input the sats just get too much bass. I decided to return the NAD 3020 and give them a little more money and get the NAD t748 v2. I am sold on the NAD quality of sound but need an AV receivers configurability and broader connection. I can use HDMI inputs for my TV, XboxOne, DVD player and Fios Reciever knowing I have the best quality digital sound. It has a subwoofer connection and I can set the cutoff for the main speakers with confidence and tweak a bit more to dial everything in. It just fits better and I think I will be able to extract a bit more from my editing room system with the new hardware. So it will be here probably later this week or early next week.

Then in a month or so I will buy the new Asus Essence HiFi Card as the last peice.
www.asus.com/Essence_HiFi_Audio/Essence_STX_II/

So will report on this as I finish each wave.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is the shot unedited. If you are using firefox the highly saturated shot above will level out and present closer to print. All my editing in toward prints which for me is the end game. So understand colors will mute down and light flatten out a bit when in print. Paper does not have the same color as monitors.
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here is the shot unedited. If you are using firefox the highly saturated shot above will level out and present closer to print. All my editing in toward prints which for me is the end game. So understand colors will mute down and light flatten out a bit when in print. Paper does not have the same color as monitors.

LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thanks for the update, Roman. I'm glad you and your Wife are enjoying the new set-ups. That's great feedback on the 3020. I've been considering that or a similar unit for the bedroom. GETs are some of the most articulate speakers I have heard at low volumes and a set of Aons or T7s with a 3020 may be perfect for music and late night television. Was the issue just subwoofer integration? I would not be using a sub with this set-up.

Thanks again. I'll keep my eyes open for some follow up posts of your photo. That shot above is amazing!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Roman Johnston

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Write Your Own Review SuperSat Series Got the Living Room finished.